Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Project 2 part 1





When looking at this project, I realized quickly that I would be able to incorporate more from my inverse model of Fallingwater than from my model of the pattern into this redesign of the Linear Gallery, so I took most of my specific ideas from that. For example, I wanted to focus on layers of overlapping volums that interact with each other in very specific but different ways. So in my Linear Gallery model, I expanded the gallery vertically and towards the building's interior, establishing 4 different zones, some with visual connections, open air connections, similarities in rhythm and repetition, or simply circulation connections. 

I did want to include my pattern model into this design as well. I thought it would be out of context to include the forms themselves, but I am considering ways to incorporate the simple concept of moving in towards a center with the exterior enclosing in as seen in the patterns focus in on the circular form.  So I explored doing this in a potential film room where it takes on an amphitheater style that has a focus on one point.

No comments:

Post a Comment