Tuesday, November 29, 2011

logos



I began with a simplistic form trying to emphasize the shape of the L and creating a piece that hierarchically resembled a linear path. In the process, I added a gridded background to represent 2 parts of the mission statement: the works that would be presented in the gallery itself and the concept that the gallery is a backdrop for ideas. I progressively altered the backdrop concept in its color and form and I also chose to represent the linear element in various ways.

Later in my process, I wanted to added a more literal and 3-dimensional aspect to the logo. I began with a simplistic graphical concept of a perspective of the gallery's flooring, then moved into a more complete perspective that displays the walls and ceiling. Throughout the entire process, I tried incorporating different variations of negative and positive spaces created by the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment